Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Vaccines

I was brought up with music constantly playing in the background. My parents met in a music store, I was raised being told about the Flock of Seagulls concert I attended in the womb. My mother, a strange and untamable creature, would awake my sister and I in the middle of the night to play us "tunes". I have often said that my parents gave me two everlasting things, siblings to go through life with and an undying love for music.

I go to sleep at night with music playing, I awake to music, I am always listening to music, coming through speakers or playing in my head so listening to music when I run is just who I am.

Lately however, when I am listening to my iPod on runs I've found myself a little bored and thus have been on the hunt for new music to add to my playlists for upcoming long runs in the mountains.

It was in this manner that I stumbled upon The Vaccines a few weeks ago, an "infectious London-based indie rock outfit" that I haven't been able to get enough of since accidentally stumbling across them on YouTube. 

I have fought the urge countless times to share one of their videos when I finally decided that I neede to help spread their sound, whether I reached anyone's ears or not, I could at least attempt it.

So without further ado, a sampling of The Vaccines "If You Wanna", "Wetsuit" and "Norgaard"




-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment